chris and valerie

Chris and Valerie's stuff

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

San Francisco, 2020 Covid Pandemic Update

Well.... it's strange and scary times here in San Francisco - and in the world in general. We're holed up in our house, conserving our disinfecting products and trying to manage the combination of feeling bored and trapped and the feeling of amorphous terror.

Good times.

Before the directive to "stay in the County you reside in" was changed to "stay in your own damn neighborhood" we managed to get a few nice walks on the beach (maintaining social distancing, of course).

I've been cooking a bunch, but honestly it's not the same without company. Food is the center of my social life. Food is my religion in many ways (Church of Food). Sharing food I've made is a way to share love. At least I still have Valerie - my favorite person to dine with and cook for. And sadly I have no photos of the meals I've been making.

But here are some shots from the gorgeous days we got at the ocean.

Take care of yourself. Take care of those you love. Most of all... do the right things. Make the hard decision to prioritize what's good for all of us over what you desire. We all have to do this.

Be safe.

Small kine waves, Ocean Beach

Ocean Beach

Golden Hour, Sutro Baths

Sunset, Sutro Baths

Watching the sun go down over the Pacific