chris and valerie

Chris and Valerie's stuff

Saturday, November 01, 2025

Autumn Vibes

 We're through the summer. The temps have dropped, the trade winds are back, and the surf is up. Tourism is down and the vibe is good.

Life in our sweet little hale on the North Shore continues to amaze and delight.

Waiakalua Morning

Waiakalua Sunrise

Espresso Garage at Dawn

Abundance

Working from Home

We continue to eat very well. The ingredients we have access to are so inspiring that it's hard to not try and create food that lives up to those ingredients. I'm very grateful to all the people who farm and fish and hunt and forage here.

Phô Dumplings in Phô Consommé

Crispy Wild Pig

Ahi Poke Millefeuille

KFC (Korean Fried Chicken)

We took a trip to Honolulu for our friend Patrick's big art show. And, of course, while there we ate well (a theme I guess).

LIH

Pork Chops at Giovedi

Patrick's Prize-winning Bowl

Finally.... every morning begins with some lovely coffee drinks. My friend Quinn says it's annoying how consistent I am with my latte art - but he has no idea how hard I worked to get to this point!!!! Big thanks as always to Terry Z and the amazing Caffewerks team, to Gabe for the lovely Maquina coffee, and to Drew for the badass Stumptown cupware.